November 25th, 2015 — Used Cars
Undoubtedly, the first thing you notice when you look at a vehicle is the color. It can determine someone’s feelings towards a car. Well, it seems that the masses have spoken- the most searched-for color between January and June of 2015 was Metallic Black, making it Autotrader’s 2015 Car Color of the Year. At our used car dealership in Winston-Salem, we have a large selection of quality vehicles made timeless by their black color.
A Shade For Every Occasion
There’s a reason officials are escorted in black cars: a large vehicle, such as the GMC Yukon, is much more imposing in black than in any other color available. When they’re cloaked in black, vehicles with an athletic stance, such as the Chevrolet Impala, gain an air of intrigue as they surge past other drivers. And in a slick, gleaming black coat, luxury cars such as the Ford Crown Victoria adopt a more formal atmosphere- as if they’ve put on a perfectly tailored tuxedo.
You don’t have to spring for a luxury vehicle to obtain the refreshing prestige of a black car. That’s what makes it such a classic: it lends sophistication to any vehicle. More practically-minded sedans such as the Nissan Altima take on a more elegant appeal when they’re the shade of a night sky. Cut through the Winston-Salem open roads with more confidence when you select a silky ride on a budget from our inventory of used cars, trucks, vans, and SUVs.
Pick a Fresh Face
Like a black suit or the classic “little black dress,” this car color doesn’t ever go out of style. Like any timeless design component, it can make older vehicles look new again. That’s why it’s the perfect shade for used car shoppers. If you’re concerned about your car looking dated, a black car is a quick fix.
No matter what look you want for your next new-to-you vehicle, we have exactly what you need at our used car dealership. Visit us to take a look at our inventory and take a test drive!
November 23rd, 2015 — winston-salem auto repair
As we close in on another winter, it’s time to take a look at your tires and make sure they’re in top shape. Regularly checking these things can save you money in the long run by identifying problem areas early and remedying them accordingly, but more importantly, regularly checking the tires can help keep you safe. Bald treads, low air pressure, or punctures- these are things that can endanger the safety of other drivers and yourself. Follow these steps for regular tire care and if you see any issues, our Winston-Salem auto repair center will be happy to help you!
Follow the Essential Steps
- Check – Check your tire’s air pressure. Incorrect tire pressure can cause hazardous driving conditions and negatively impact braking and handling. Don’t compromise your safety; take a couple of minutes to check the air pressure monthly.
- Inspect – You can bring your vehicle into our Winston-Salem service facility to have your tires inspected yearly, but don’t forget to take a look at them on your own. You may spot damage or wear you hadn’t noticed before. By noticing these issues early, you can remedy them before they become a serious problem.
- Respect – Be considerate of your tires’ capabilities. Don’t exceed the load capacity put forward by your tire’s load index or drive and high speeds constantly. Either of these things can result in sudden destruction of your tire- in the latter case, because you’ve hit something (such as a pothole) or because of heat build-up,
If you find any issues with your tires, don’t be afraid to use your spare tire. Any tire damage is serious and warrants the attention of a professional. Put on your spare tire or wheel and visit our service center so that our expert technicians can assist you with the issue.
November 13th, 2015 — Used Cars
Whether you’re anticipating a growing family or accommodating an already-established one, the purchase of a family car involves a few more considerations than the car of your youth, when you chose the highest horsepower for your money. Some factors will always be the same- reliability, longevity, and versatility come to mind- but there are a few things you may have overlooked. The polls are closed at Frank Myers Auto Maxx, and we’ve come up with five must-have features for your family-friendly car, van, station wagon, or SUV.
Keep It Family-Friendly
- A Backup Camera – this feature is becoming more and more common, and more crucial. Every driver could use another set of eyes- especially when you have children in your car. The broader line of sight will prove invaluable, and if you plan on teaching someone how to drive in this vehicle, this feature will give you a little more peace of mind.
- Power-Sliding Doors – This available feature is worth opting up if you’re shopping for a minivan. It’s a good way to open the doors for the kids when your arms are full, to streamline the task of getting everyone into the car (including your little one who can’t reach the door handles yet), and stop when the sensors detect an obstacle.
- Simple LATCH System – the “lower anchors and tethers for children” system was designed for the express purpose of safely installing child seat, but some vehicles make it more difficult than others. When shopping for a car, bring the seat with you to test out the LATCH system. If it’s difficult, it may cost you a lot of time down the line.
- Third-Row Seating – Seven-person seating may seem excessive if you’re a parent or parent-to-be. However, a third row is more than just a place to sit (though on playdates and team outings that’s important, too). Consider family road trips, sports equipment, even large-scale school projects. The more storage space the better!
- Seat belt icon – A small handful of automakers have begun providing icons to indicate who’s buckled in, even in the backseat…an invaluable tool for parents with restless children.
Nothing will make you totally, 100% prepared to be a parent, but having a safe ride with enough room is a great place to start. Consider visiting our dealership, where our sales experts will be happy to talk to you about what you need for your family!
October 28th, 2015 — winston-salem auto repair
Dependable, efficient, and honest car repair establishments can be difficult to find. Luckily, our auto repair facility in Winston-Salem is all that and more! We provide a huge range of services for just about any vehicle.
A Range of Services to Meet Any Need
The menu of services we provide is comprehensive, and we have experts that can do it all. Rest easy knowing that no matter what you need, we can handle it! Our team knows cars inside and out- which is why they can assess and fix engine issues and also repair cosmetic damage such as scratches, dents, or cracks in your windshield. Don’t forget to get your tires checked by our auto repair team to make sure your vehicle is ready for a Winston-Salem winter!
Leaving your vehicle in our hands is an act of trust that we don’t take lightly. We make it a point to keep you up-to-date on what’s happening with your vehicle and will even provide a free estimate so that you know what services are needed and how much they’ll cost.
We understand that in our world, a car is a necessity. That’s why we want to make it as easy on you as possible to take care of it. We have discounts on a range of auto repair services. We also provide some essential inspections for free- for example, our auto repair experts will happily conduct a visual brake inspection at no cost to make sure your car is safe on the Winston-Salem roads. Inspections are necessary to spot potential issues before they become problems, and can wind up saving you a lot of money down the line.
As the seasons change, your vehicle most likely requires certain maintenance measures in order to stand up to tough weather. Visit our repair center and we’ll make sure your car is ready for winter by the time you leave our lot.
October 22nd, 2015 — Articles
How are you spending Halloween? Watching scary movies? Going to a party? Perhaps you’re taking the kids trick-or-treating. It’s a holiday where the streets are brimming with people and your neighborhood will probably be busier than usual, so it’s a good idea to take some extra precautions if you go out for a drive. Here are some ideas from our used car dealership of ways to take extra care when you hit the road on Halloween- or if you’re the one in the streets.
For the Guys and Ghouls Behind the Wheel
As you head out on Halloween, take these extra precautions in your neighborhood to protect the trick-or-treaters milling around your neighborhood. If it takes you a little extra time to get from point A to point B, it’s worth it- you might even get some great ideas for next year’s costume!
- No creeping by: stopped vehicles may be picking up or dropping off children ready to enjoy the holiday. Don’t pass them, and drive slowly as you navigate around your neighborhood.
- Keep your cell phone in the crypt: put it away while you’re driving. As people cross the streets erratically, you can’t afford a couple seconds’ worth of distraction.
- Yield to ghosts, zombies, vampires, and anything else out of the ordinary: don’t count on excited kids who are full of sugar to pay close attention to the road or even notice you’re there. Be alert and always stop for pedestrians.
For the Chilling Trick-or-Treaters
If you’re the lucky host of a Halloween event and get to take people out trick-or-treating, make sure to protect those in your care! Equip them with flashlights to make sure they’re visible to drivers (and can also see where they’re going once the sun sets on another successful Halloween haul). Glow sticks are great for this as well. Also make sure to teach everyone how to cross the street properly: look both ways, and only cross at corners or crosswalks.
Halloween is an exciting holiday with a myriad of opportunities for festivities. Make sure you celebrate safely, and most importantly, have fun! Happy Halloween!